April 2015 update: This site was redesigned by the university.
The University of Arizona Department of Nutritional Sciences website has a new look. It’s based on an oft-heard bit of dietary advice: “Eat Your Colors.”
The site’s seven sub-navigation bars reflect the colors of healthful foods:
- The default sub-navigation adopts a pink Persimmon theme. It points to the department’s UA partners and the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
- For People, we’re talking purple. As in Grape. This is where you can meet the department’s faculty, staff, and students.
- Research utilizes a green Kiwi theme and covers faculty research interests, diet and lifestyle interventions, and clinical trials.
- Undergraduate and graduate Degrees sport a brown Whole Grain look.
- Think Orange for Outreach and learn about the department’s community engagement efforts.
- Centers employs a Blueberry theme to showcase the Center for Physical Activity and Nutrition.
- News repeats the Persimmon theme and summarizes faculty achievements.
This website redesign incorporates my photos of the University of Arizona campus and a variety of healthful activities and foods.
Here is a before-and-after look at the Department of Nutritional Sciences’ site…